This recipe is on my list of quick meal to make when I am hungry. I like omelet because it’s quick and easy to make yet it is very fulfilling for an empty stomach. I make this both for breakfast and lunch depend on my day. The whole thing should only take you 15 minutes max.
- 5-6 cooked shrimp, frozen, tail on
- A handful of sliced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of French bread
- Salt, pepper, oil
- Beat up the eggs in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper.
- Thaw the frozen shrimps in hot water for 2 minutes. Discard the tails.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Put in the green onion and mushroom. Stir them until the mushroom cooked. About 1 minute or so. Put in a pinch of salt to season the mushroom.
- Put in the shrimp. Cook everything together for 1 minute to make sure that the shrimps are completely thawed.
- Put in 1 more tablespoon of oil if needed. Pour the egg mixture in. Make sure the eggs cover everything in the pan.
- Cook each side of the omelet for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- To toast the bread, put them in the toaster.
- Enjoy your quick omelet with toast.
It’s pretty straightforward, right? It’s easy to make as I am sure everyone knows how to make an omelet already. If you don’t like mushroom, you can always just make the omelet with just shrimp and green onion. If so, you can just beat everything up with the eggs then fried it up because you don’t have to cook the raw mushroom anymore. I hope you enjoy this quick recipe. Good luck!