Halloween is tomorrow so I did a little research. I thought it would be fun to share with you all what I found. I will have another post tomorrow about desserts for Halloween so stay tune. To be honest, Halloween is not a big holiday in my book. However, it’s probably the best time of the year for home cooks to be creative. So here is a list of what I would want to make if I were hosting a Halloween party tomorrow.
- Tombstone/Graveyard Taco Dip – this recipe will be perfect for an appetizer. It has the Halloween spirit but it’s not too gross looking that could kill someone’s appetite. Moreover, who doesn’t love chip and dip before a delicious meal.
- Veggie Skeleton with Double Dip – if you want to be on the healthy side of the spectrum for an appetizer, this will be the perfect recipe for you. It’s simple enough that you could make it at the last minute. And the skeleton design is genius.
- Halloween Hors D’ourvres – another appetizer recipe for you guys. The basic is cheese and crackers essentially. The cheese and meat cut out just make the whole thing fit in with the Halloween atmosphere. Plus, they still look adorable.
- Autumn Stew – after the appetizer, I am sure your guest or family would want some substance in their system so I think this stew is perfect. The weather is a little chilly outside (well, where I am at anyway) so a bowl of stew will sure warm everyone up.
- Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti – If you’re not a fan of stew, then you can make this recipe instead. I am sure it will be a big hit with all the cheese lover out there. It takes less than an hour to make the whole thing so you could easily make this after coming home from work/school with the all the ingredients ready of course.
So that’s all of it for now. The list is short for me since I like my food looking pretty even on Halloween. I can’t eat something that I am not visually attracted to, and I am sure that there are people like there think the same way. Have fun with the recipes if you decided to make one for your party.