Sometimes, I just love to get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for dinner. The chicken normally last me for at least 3 meals. The chicken costs around $6.00 so I only spend $2.00/ meal. I think that’s a pretty good deal, don’t you? My only problem is that I don’t like the breast part of the chicken because it’s too dry for me. Today for lunch, I created this recipe so it’s easier for me to finish the chicken.
- Quarter of a head of cabbage, chopped up
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 tomato, cut into 6 pieces – optional
- Water, Salt, Pepper, Lime Juice
- Boil the water with a pinch of salt in them
- Put in the cabbage when the water is boiled
- Cook the cabbage on high for 10 minutes or so. If you want the tomato, then put it in when the cabbage has been cooked for 5 minutes
- When the cabbage is cooked, put it in a mixing bowl. Then add the chicken. Season the whole thing with salt and pepper and lime juice to taste. Mix everything together.
- Put your beautiful meal into your favorite plate and enjoy
It tasted fresh and delicious. My leftover problem is now solved, and I have my lunch under 30 minutes. Since the chicken is already cooked, it made the process go a lot faster. The chicken breast meat is now moist and soft. The whole meal has all the nutrients you need, and the serving of vegetable you want. You can always make this beforehand, and heat it up the next day for lunch. I hope you enjoy this quick recipe.