Imagine a day when you don’t want to cook anything complicated for dinner yet you want something tasty. Honestly, that happens to me more often than I would like to admit. On a day like that, the easiest meal I could think of is to pop something in the oven. Most of the time, I could get a full meal on the table in 30 minutes or less.
I came across this recipe for Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Green Beans when I was watching a cooking show once. I remember the recipe for the simplicity of it. I spend a lot of time finding easy recipe that I actually want to eat, and this one has to be my favorite. I love tomato and green bean so I make this often. It’s also a great side dish to bring to a party. The best part is – it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
You will need
- 1 pound trimmed whole green beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oven to 450 degree F with an empty baking sheet on upper oven rack
- Coat beans and tomatoes with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beans and tomatoes on the hot baking sheet and roast 22 to 25 minutes until caramelize.
This dish tastes amazing and very fresh as it is. However, I like to add sliced mushroom in with the mix too. I normally just buy whole white mushroom then slice them up. I don’t really heat up the oven with the baking sheet inside and the dish still comes out great. I normally pair this with steak, pork chop, or even just a bowl of rice. I have tried making this dish for only 18 minutes before and it still comes out as expected, the beans are just a little crunchier. For easy clean-up, you can use my foil cleaning tip. Enjoy!