My favorite drink of choice is Mocha Frappuchino. I love the icy consistency, and the flavor. Today however, I craved a strawberry smoothie/milkshake. So here is my recipe for one, I just made it on the fly.
I don’t drink smoothie or milkshake very often but I do know the difference between the two. Smoothie is made mainly with fruit and ice while milkshake is made with milk, ice cream, and a flavor component. I called this recipe smoothie-milkshake because I blend all the component of both of them together. I am trying to mash the names but none of them sounds good. Tell me if you have a suggestion. This recipe will make around 20 oz of this drink.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 10 frozen whole strawberries
- 2 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup of milk (more if you want to change the consistency)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Add the ice cubes first to the blender, then the ice cream, next is the strawberry, then sugar, and top it all off with milk
- Turn on the blender and let it do its magic
- You might need to stop the blender during the process to stir everything so it’s easier on the blender. After all, we are blending ice cubes and frozen strawberry. Adding more milk sometimes help with the process, and it will also thin out the drink.
- After everything is done, pour it in your favorite glass and enjoy. Add a little whipped cream on top if you like.
The drink is not too sweet but you can still taste the flavor of vanilla ice cream, and a little sour from the strawberry. It’s perfect for an after-dinner “time to treat myself” drink. I am very happy with the way it turned out because I was never successful with making a regular milkshake.
I hope you enjoy this quick recipe. Good luck!